We are looking for a detailed oriented Lead Systems Engineer as a partner to our business and our other technology teams. By understanding our technology stack & the company, the Lead Device & Identity Engineer is a subject matter expert and someone others can look to for support. You are the person the IT manager will look to build the tools to ensure that IT can support our staff. You'll be responsible for building and supporting our tooling, helping out on projects, and helping to support end users. At Voltron Data, you will have an opportunity to deliver highly visible solutions, improve our business's operation, and participate in a dynamic, changing industry.
- As the Lead Systems Engineer, you'll primarily be responsible for the design, deployment, maintenance, migrations, and administration of our IdP and End Point management systems.
- You’ll lead integration and automation between our various management systems to ensure a high level of low-touch interaction between staff and our systems.
- Expect to work closely with our Info-Sec group to ensure our user's devices our secure and updated.
- Lead collaboration efforts with other teams on IT or other projects and be able to pivot quickly.
- Make recommendations based on requests from various departments, including the research necessary to test for different potential solutions and develop a recommended solution.
Skills and Experience Required:
You have designed, implemented & migrated IdP & End Point & Security Management solutions.
- You have worked in and provided support in a highly technical environment.
- Have an expert ability to troubleshoot issues and find the root cause of problems but also provide 3rd-level support to other teams.
- Demonstrate the aptitude to document fixes & steps taken to troubleshoot in order to provide documentation (KBs or SOPs) to another team member or end users so that they can self-solve or reproduce.
- Have an advanced understanding of macOS, Linux (Ubuntu & PopOS) & Windows (10 & 11) & endpoints and how to provision, support, and maintain them. Including what protects them and the experience of what software users need and run on them.
- Advanced familiarity with our systems, such as JumpCloud, Google WorkSpace Github, and Oominitza.
- Experience with Okta, Duo, Ping, Zapier, Jamf, Mosyle, CrowdStrike, DataDog, Jira, and ClickUp is a bonus.
- Have the ability to use various scripting languages and experience in how they can automate tasks.
- Demonstrate the capability to translate between technical and non-technical speak so everyone can understand.
The expected salary range is $175,000-$195,000 + equity + benefits. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, training, and skill level, so may be higher or lower than what is shown on this posting.