Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
Voltaiq is seeking a collaborative and talented Senior Software Engineer who is interested in helping us take our product to the next level. You will work with product management and designers to help build a powerful and intuitive analytics engine on top of a battery data platform that serves some of the world's biggest companies in automotive and consumer electronics. You will help build, test, and maintain features of our application within an agile development process.
- Estimate the amount of time tasks will take and complete work accordingly.
- Regularly review code and have your code reviewed by coworkers to ensure high quality.
- Maintain and expand the test suite.
- Participate in requirement refinement and planning meetings.
- Create user interfaces, APIs, and/or fetch and manipulate data based on designs and product specifications.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering team members in creating a cohesive overall architecture and application.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications.
- Proven project experience in application development.
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, efficient, and intuitive applications.
- Desire to learn new technologies.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Exposure to Django REST, Django ORM, Redux, Redux Hooks, AngularJS.
- Experience with unit testing and an eagerness to maintain a high level of code test coverage.
- Experience working with large scale, data-intensive web applications.
- Eagerness to accelerate the transition to a battery-powered world.
- A regular practice of keeping yourself informed of new developments and trends in web development technologies.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits. Our office is located in Berkeley, CA.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.