“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) position at Voltaiq is a technical, customer-facing role, deeply involved in the overall sales process and ongoing customer relationship. You will work with members of the Sales team and other personnel to support closing deals by ensuring proper scoping to help guarantee successful launches. Our ideal candidate has sufficient customer facing battery industry experience to work with customer engineering teams and executives to understand their technical needs in order to deliver a compelling solution. This position reports to the Head of Sales Engineering.
- Develop deep product expertise with Voltaiq software, and apply it to help solve our customers’ most challenging battery engineering problems.
- A story teller able to deliver engaging product demonstrations, both in-person and via web conference, to support sales, business development and general thought leadership activities.
- Work with the team throughout the sales process to win deals and deliver best practice strategies for implementation on a customer by customer basis.
- Own the scoping and demonstration process: Work with customers to understand their specific technical and business needs to a) determine scope of work for feature customizations to ensure successful post-sales customer engagements, and b) tailor product demonstrations with provided data to promote how Voltaiq’s solutions will create value for their organizations.
- Build strong technical relationships with prospective customer teams to ensure Voltaiq has “first look” when new projects arise.
- Coordinate with the Customer Success team to ensure a seamless handoff, a positive onboarding, and overall user experience with an eye towards unlocking expansion opportunities.
- Use identified customer needs to contribute to product development including product roadmap, feature planning, documentation and internal knowledge base, and software testing and validation.
- Contribute to internal R&D projects, blog posts and public speaking to establish Voltaiq’s thought leadership at the intersection of battery engineering and data analytics.
- Update the CRM in a timely manner with all current account information including organization maps, meeting notes, and contacts
- Up to 80% travel to customer sites and tradeshows (subject to global health based restrictions)
- Degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or 5+ years related work experience.
- Superior creative problem solving and general troubleshooting capability.
- Battery testing and/or battery-powered device engineering is a plus.
- Battery testing/engineering industry knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience with corporate networking teams is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive initiatives to their successful completion.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, high-demand startup environment
- Native speaker ability or high business fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: German, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.