Data Scientist – Professional Services
Location: Berkeley, CA (full-time, on-site)
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
The Voltaiq cloud-based Battery Intelligence software platform brings unprecedented data analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Top automakers, consumer electronics, and energy storage companies use Voltaiq to accelerate product development, improve performance, ensure safety and reliability, and secure financing for their products. Our high-powered team is comprised of PhD scientists, expert data professionals, and battery industry veterans, all passionate about enabling the transition to a battery-powered world. Voltaiq has offices in Berkeley, CA and Munich, Germany serving customers around the globe.
Voltaiq is looking for a top notch Data Scientist for a growing Professional Services team based in Berkeley. The Professional Services team is part of the Customer Success team and works with the customer-facing teams to deliver solutions for each of our customers. The Data Scientist is a technically skilled member of the Customer Success team, responsible for developing custom-built scripts, reports and tools on top of Voltaiq’s Core functionality.
The ideal Data Scientist will demonstrate technical proficiency, possess a strong understanding of Engineering and/or Analytic Sciences, excel at creative problem solving, and desire to work on meaningful, large-scale Battery Intelligence production Systems. The Data Scientist will have the opportunity to collaborate with our Application Engineers and Customer Success Managers to work on exciting and complex customer requests. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, this position offers a great opportunity for an individual to grow their career within the team or other areas across the company.
If you’re an unstoppable problem-solver excited about joining a rapidly growing software company dedicated to building better batteries and improving the planet, this job is for you!
This position reports to the VP of Customer Success.
- Work with Application Engineers and Customer Success Managers to translate customer derived specifications into insightful and practical solutions.
- Work with Professional Services team and Engineering team to develop tools to deliver customer solutions more efficiently / robustly.
- Identify opportunities to help improve processes, documentation, and overall customer experience.
- Have experience solving complex problems through to completion, across various collaborative platforms (e.g. JIRA, Github) and across multiple teams.
- Experience developing analytics on the python scientific stack, including pandas, numpy, scipy, and matplotlib. Experience with software unit testing is a plus.
- Have experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Are a self-starter and quick learner.
- Speaks fluent English and has excellent technical communication skills.
- Have a Bachelors or Masters degree in one of the following: Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Quantitative Science (Physics, Chemistry, etc.), or equivalent work experience.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.