Technical Sales Account Executive
Location: Berkeley, CA or remote
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq's cloud-based Battery Intelligence software platform brings unprecedented data analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Top automakers, consumer electronics, and energy storage companies use Voltaiq to accelerate product development, improve performance, ensure safety and reliability, and secure financing for their products. Our high-powered team is comprised of PhD scientists, expert data professionals, and battery industry veterans, all passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
The Technical Sales Account Executive is expected to meet Voltaiq’s customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. The Sales Account Executive’s primary responsibilities center around inbound and outbound lead generation and navigating customers to deal closing. Secondarily these individuals are expected to support the development of sales strategies, conduct sales operations, and provide sales and technical support needed to close deals and expand existing customer accounts, in conjunction with Voltaiq’s AECS Team (applications engineering and customer success). The successful candidate will have significant experience in lithium ion batteries and a strong working knowledge of the battery industry in your region and the proven ability to work in agile customer focused/facing roles. This position reports to Voltaiq’s VP of Sales.
- Meet or exceed sales quota and contribute to Voltaiq’s top line revenue goals each financial year
- Shepherd deals from initial contact through closing
- Lead new customer growth activity and develop new opportunities through outbound lead generation, conferences, web-conferences and in-person meetings
- Develop relationships with key customer decision-makers in our vertical markets (automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, battery cell and system suppliers) with the objective of growing revenue and further building on Voltaiq’s presence
- Become intimately familiar with Voltaiq products and capabilities to competently present this information to customers and demonstrate the software
- Understand customer needs to identify and promote Voltaiq-driven solutions
- Update CRM in a timely manner with all current account information including organization maps, meeting notes, and contacts
- Provide weekly updates to forecast with current revenue projections for existing customers and new opportunities
- Support the development of improved sales operations as we grow the sales team
- Provide sales and technical support to in-pipeline and existing customers to ensure customer satisfaction and retention, and explore new business opportunities with the goal of increasing revenue with these customers
- Manage or support customer pilots as needed
- Up to 75% travel to customer sites and tradeshows
- Technical experience working in the lithium ion battery market segment in either a sales or applications role
- Demonstrated account management skills, preferably in a senior or leadership role, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Knowledge of selling SaaS enterprise products is a plus
- Experience with corporate networking and information technology teams is a plus
- Excellent communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Desire and ability to thrive in dynamic, high-demand startup environment
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in a senior sales management role
- Undergraduate or Graduate technical degree with an materials, electrical, mechanical, or electrochemical focus is a plus
- Native speaker ability or high business fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: German, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese
- Authorization to work full time in the United States is a precondition of employment
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.