Voltaiq's cloud-based Battery Intelligence software platform brings unprecedented data analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Top automakers, consumer electronics, and energy storage companies use Voltaiq to accelerate product development, improve performance, ensure safety and reliability, and secure financing for their products. Our high-powered team is comprised of PhD scientists, expert data professionals, and battery industry veterans, all passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced business development professional to evaluate new market opportunities and to take a lead role in developing strategic relationships. This individual will be tasked not only with evaluating opportunities ranging from manufacturing to operations and finance, but also with developing and executing initial pilots with Voltaiq’s technical team. An integral part of these opportunities are strategic partnerships, that must be identified and nurtured with support from Voltaiq’s internal teams and management. Our ideal candidate has sufficient battery industry experience to work with customer engineering teams to understand technical needs and tailor sales collateral and product demonstrations to deliver a compelling solution. This position reports to Voltaiq’s CEO, Tal Sholklapper, and will be directly involved in strategic planning and execution at Voltaiq.
● Responsible for Voltaiq’s overall business development strategy in consultation with management
● Evaluate new opportunities based on market size, commercial landscape and technological fit
● Develop partnerships with key players to accelerate Voltaiq’s go-to-market strategy
● Develop business models that leverage Voltaiq’s market leading battery expertise and dataset
● Work with Voltaiq’s sales and management team to nurture key relationships and execute on initial business models
● Work with customers to understand their specific technical needs and tailor product demonstrations and pilots in coordination with Voltaiq’s technical team
● Participate in industry forums and contribute to thought leadership through speaking engagements
● Up to 75% travel for customer meetings and industry events Voltaiq, Inc.
● 7 or more years of customer-facing work experience in business development, operations, product management or similar, leading or supporting customer or partner relationships for highly technical products and businesses
● Experience working with large enterprise customers, managing multi-month negotiations, implementations or large-scale rollouts
● Ability to communicate, present, influence and manage all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
● Value-added network of relationships in automotive, consumer electronics, energy storage, battery suppliers or insurance
● Proven track record in developing and executing a strategic business plan
● Strong written and oral communication skills, and proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical teams
● Strong organization skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive projects to successful completion
● Desire and ability to thrive in loosely structured, high-demand environment
● Passion for Energy, with a grasp of basic concepts (current, potential, energy, charge, power)
● Graduate degree or significant work experience in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field is a plus. Experience with battery testing, battery product engineering, or grid-scale energy storage is a huge plus
●Authorization to work full time in the United States is a precondition of employment
● Native speaker ability or high business fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: German, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.