At Volta we are on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta's award-winning charging stations benefit brands, consumers, and real-estate locations by providing valuable advertising space to businesses and convenient charging to drivers. Strategically located in places consumers already visit, Volta's chargers are currently the most used electric vehicle charging stations in the United States.
The Opportunity at Volta Charging
We are looking for a Sales Marketing Manager, Media to drive the growth of Volta Media’s business by enhancing Volta’s value proposition to the marketplace.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Go-to-market strategy for our new media product launches (and maintain existing product materials)
- Oversee and update the Volta Media Kit, our initial touchpoint with prospective customers
- Develop ideas and help implement Volta Media’s marketing activation strategy at industry events (e.g. Advertising Week)
- Conceive and create revenue-generating client marketing campaigns that help drive Volta Media Revenue (e.g. seasonal / tentpole / market-specific sponsorship opportunities)
- Provider manager and team with ad hoc client proposal support in support of driving revenue and helping Volta Media reach its revenue targets
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to bring their advertising industry knowledge to a company making an impact on the future of mobility and consumer behavior. As a key contributor to the Integrated Marketing team, you will have a tremendous opportunity to contribute to the growth of our business, while driving meaningful change in a high growth company poised to transform the world of electric vehicles and the future of digital, place-based media.
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Volta’s value proposition, our current (and prospective) customers, the DOOH space, and the EV industry as well as materials, systems and processes
- Connect with key Volta stakeholders across groups (Sales, Marketing, Product, Research, Programmatic et al.) to understand roles/responsibilities and pain points
- Work closely with the Director, Media Product to create a product roadmap for ‘23 and beyond
- With Managers’ assistance, shadow current projects (attend meetings, calls, etc.) to get up to speed; and, once confident, take ownership of projects
- Develop a 90-day “State of the State” (overall observations, what’s working, areas of improvement, recommendations to support revenue targets)
After twelve months, you will have:
- Become a reliable partner to Volta Media’s sales team by understanding their obstacles and helping find solutions for any product-related question or opportunity.
- Co-developed a product roadmap that is strategic, executable and yields a consistent product release schedule
- Balance “high-end” proprietary products with easily repeatable (read: scalable) solutions
- In partnership with the Creative Services team, created an event “playbook” to help “template” our events presence to avoid recreating the wheel each time. Note: understanding each event is unique / has its own opportunities and restrictions
- Drove Volta Media revenue and supported sales goals by aiding Manager and team with the proposals (ad hoc). This to takes a variety of forms: ownership of proposals, contribution to proposals, brainstorming / ideation for proposals
- Opportunistically sought out new opportunities and ideas that aid Volta Media’s business, even if they fall outside of your day-to-day job requirements
What you bring to Volta Charging
- Experience and expertise in the advertising and media industries to inform decision-making
- Powerful storyteller with proficiency in visual storytelling mediums (PowerPoint, Slides) who is able to use data to persuade and improve company priorities
- Established record of developing compelling marketing programs that enhance a brand’s reputation and generate revenue
- A history of building strong relationships across the company to magnify impact and effectiveness
- Genuine curiosity, a desire to learn and the ability to implement change at a forward-thinking company in a rapidly-evolving industry
As a Volta team, we are building an inclusive culture where everyone can feel safe to share their thoughts and opinions without judgment; a team where representation and development matter, and differences are valued. We strive to challenge the status quo, go beyond the numbers, and put in the work needed for Volta to be a leader in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.