At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta's award-winning charging stations benefit brands, consumers, and real-estate locations by providing valuable advertising space to businesses and convenient charging to drivers. Strategically located in places consumers already visit, Volta's chargers are currently the most used electric vehicle charging stations in the United States.
The Opportunity at Volta Charging
The Deployment Coordinator plays a key role in taking a charging station concept in a business agreement, and transforming it into a physical proposal backed by thoughtful design, financial inputs, cost-effective principles, and aesthetic consideration. This role is at the center of a volume-driven Operations team that is growing extremely quickly in order to provide charging solutions in the world’s transition to EVs.
The Deployment Coordinator manages the initial assessment of Volta charging sites and drives projects forward to design proposals. For your region, you would manage the incoming opportunities from Volta’s site acquisition teams - you provide design assessment and proposals while they work to finalize our contract details. You would assess our needs in combination with the site host’s preferences, and then work with in-house or third party field engineers and designers to create a proposed solution. In some cases, you would manage an entire project from site design to pre-construction before handing off to the Volta construction team. In other cases, you will work with Engineering Project Managers to fully develop the project design and permit strategy. This is a great opportunity for well-organized, technically-minded project managers who want to contribute to the acceleration of electric transportation.
In your first 90 days, you will
- Be fully ramped on the Volta pipeline process, from site acquisition to engineering to construction
- Develop a strong proficiency with all Volta’s productivity and estimation tools
- Establish strong working relationships with your region’s engineering and construction project managers, Volta’s design and construction contractors, and other partners in the Volta project delivery ecosystem
- Be effectively supporting the contractor on-boarding process
- Be capable of providing administrative support for Volta’s Engineering and Construction workstreams, including payments and vendor management
After twelve months, you will have accomplished
- Successful contribution to the qualification of 400 projects in-region in partnership with the rest of the Volta Engineering and Construction ecosystem
- Significant contribution to streamlining team processes in collaboration with your project manager counterparts
- Capable of project cost estimation to a high degree of accuracy
- Deep understanding of charging project design principles to ensure efficient first steps for each project that enters the Operations pipeline
- Have supported the review and submission of 100+ projects through Volta’s commissioning process
- A strong understanding of the Permitting and Construction processes that Volta encounters, contributing to their execution and optimization
What you bring to Volta Charging
- Passion for the electrification of transportation
- A Detail-oriented mind, excessively organized and borderline obsessed with efficiency
- Excellent at managing a high volume of relatively small projects
- A technical aptitude for concepts related to electrical or civil engineering, construction, utilities, and real estate
- Willingness to engage in the tactical, step-by-step process of project management
- Ability to manage third-party contractors professionally
- Ability to interface with external clients professionally on a day-to-day basis
As a Volta team, we are building an inclusive culture where everyone can feel safe to share their thoughts and opinions without judgment; a team where representation and development matter, and differences are valued. We strive to challenge the status quo, go beyond the numbers, and put in the work needed for Volta to be a leader in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.