Privacy Statement for Job Applicants
Last Updated: 11/16/2021
This Privacy Statement for Applicants (the “Privacy Statement’’) sets out the basis on which Volta and its affiliates (collectively “Volta”, “we”, “us” and “our”) will Process the Personal Information of job applicants. (the “Applicants”, “you”).
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully because it explains important information about the Processing of your Personal Information by Volta, including your rights with respect to your Personal Information. We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time and advise you to consult this Privacy Statement on a regular basis to ensure you stay informed of any such amendments. If you are a California or European resident, please be sure to review the relevant jurisdiction-specific information below.
1. What is covered by this Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement applies to the Processing of Personal Information of applicants for jobs at Volta. For the purpose of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, and “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on that Personal Information.
2. The Types of Personal Information We Collect
The Personal Information that an Applicant provides includes the following categories of information:
- Contact details: including name, phone number, address, and email address;
- Any other information you choose to share with Volta, including demographic or other information referenced in your resume or cover letter;
- As appropriate, copies of educational certificates, diplomas or other documentation verifying the information you provide to us;
- Information captured as part of the application process, including interview notes and internal communications; and
- Information required to verify your identity or confirm your right to work in the country in which you will be employed, including as appropriate your nationality, national identity number and passport details.
We may also collect information from third parties, including:
- References from professionals you’ve worked with on request;
- Information provided to us by recruitment agencies or other referring parties;
- Information made publicly available by you, or about you, on the Internet (e.g., your LinkedIn profile).
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Volta may compile Personal Information about an Applicant obtained through a background check.
3. Why We Process Your Personal Information
Volta Processes the Personal Information of Applicants to identify and hire talented individuals whose skills, experience and character align with Volta’s vision, in particular:
- negotiating and communicating with you in relation to your application;
- reviewing your suitability for joining Volta, seeking references and conducting any appropriate checks;
- workforce planning;
- candidate prospecting;
- preventing illegal working; and
- carrying out equal opportunities monitoring.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
Volta may share the Personal Information of Applicants with other business entities affiliated with Volta and for the purposes described above. We may also share your Personal Information with vendors or other parties who provide products or services to us, such as the provider of our recruitment software.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties where it is in our legal or business interest to do so, including to a potential buyer or seller of any business or assets, and to governmental agencies where we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
5. California Resident Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or disclosed by us; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or sold by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the past twelve months.
- Right to Delete. Subject to certain exceptions, you may submit a request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Volta does not ‘sell’ applicant personal information as defined under California law.
You may exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- EU/EEA Resident Rights and Disclosures
If you are located in the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights:
- Right to access. You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request corrections with any information you believe is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request that Volta erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to restriction or objection of processing. You have the right to request that Volta restrict the processing of your personal data, or opt-out of specific uses for marketing or certain legitimate interest activities, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Right to withdraw consent. If we collect your information through an affirmative consent mechanism, you may withdraw it at any time.
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about our Privacy Statement, would like to report any security violations to use, or would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us via the following:
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
Volta Charging Germany GmbH
Mariendorfer Damm 1
c / o The Drivery
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact your local supervisory authority.
Legal Basis for EU/EEA Personal Data Processing
We Process the Personal Information of Applicants on the basis of several legal justifications:
- For Contractual Purposes: By submitting your personal data to Volta as an Applicant, you are directing Volta to complete the processing of your Application.
- For our Legitimate Interests: Volta has a legitimate interest in recruiting, reviewing and hiring talented people who will support our vision and play a key role in our success. We may use Applicant information to refine and improve our recruitment processes.
- To Fulfill a Legal Obligation: Certain laws and regulations may require Volta to Process or retain the Personal Information of Applicants in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
How We Transfer Your Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information outside of the EEA, to countries that do not offer an equivalent level of protection. Regardless of where your Personal Information is transferred, we shall ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford your Personal Information adequate protection. Further details regarding the relevant safeguards can be obtained from us on request.
7. Security and Retention
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Volta stores all Applicants’ Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in the Privacy Statement, or for as long as we are required to do so by law or in order to comply with a regulatory obligation.
- Changes to this Policy
We may amend this policy to be consistent with the global regulatory requirements or internal policy changes. When we update the Policy, we will also revise the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this document. Any material changes to this Policy will be communicated to you in advance of changes being implemented.
9. Contact Us