At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta's award-winning charging stations benefit brands, consumers, and real-estate locations by providing valuable advertising space to businesses and convenient charging to drivers. Strategically located in places consumers already visit, Volta's chargers are currently the most used electric vehicle charging stations in the United States.
The Opportunity at Volta Charging
This is a highly independent role, reporting to the Head of Engineering and Construction of the region. We are looking for self-motivated and proactive individuals who will drive all projects with a sense of urgency and are passionate about seeing their work manifest in the acceleration of a sustainable future.
In this role you will manage infrastructure projects ensuring we never sacrifice quality for velocity. You’ll manage up to thirty projects at one time across multiple geographic areas, adhering to quality and safety standards and demonstrating cool and clear-headed problem solving and mastery of the tactical details for each project.
In your first 90 days, you will
- Ramp up on Volta’s pipeline from site sales through engineering, permitting, construction and into commissioning
- Gain confidence and bring consistency and accuracy to your work with productivity and reporting tools (i.e. SalesForce and SiteTracker)
- Build strong working relationship with region’s Engineering Project Managers, Contractors, Site Sales partners, and Volta account management reps
- Start to own all new construction projects in-region and significant ownership of active projects in-region
After twelve months, you will have accomplished
- Establishing and enhancing 3rd party relationships and training when necessary (engineers, installers, contractors, supply vendors and maintenance teams)
- Managing the smooth progression of each construction project from the engineering and permitting phase to installation and commissioning of the stations
- Driving the scope, schedule and budget for your projects with a growing awareness of cost implications and developing solutions which benefit the bottom line
- Managing the financial plan by consistently evaluating the project budget; reviewing and approving construction bids and change orders throughout the construction process
- Forecasting, scheduling deployment, and managing all components of highly complex installations
- Providing support as needed to general contractors during all phases of construction
- Evaluating new technology and helping decide how we continue to improve our charging stations and the overall customer experience
- Exercising ownership of not just individual sites but the overall portfolio of projects within your region
- Keeping all stakeholders aligned and aware on the progress of all station by submitting regular project reports
- Conducting regular site checks to monitor progress and quality standards
What you bring to Volta Charging
- Experience (construction management or site development preferred) in managing multiple, simultaneous projects each with multiple contractors involved
- Previous experience in construction management projects and knowledge of regulations and permits required
- Organization skills and the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects under budget
- Comfort with significant driving time (this is required in this role)
- An appreciation for traveling regularly (50%-75%); you’ll be spending time on each site throughout the deployment and installation process
- A meticulous eye for project details and a diligence in finding solutions: you can easily point to a track record of success in this area
- Excitement for a work environment that requires changing pace, redirecting your thinking, and embracing new procedures
- Resourcefulness (you can embrace the scrappy) and entrepreneurial spirit; you achieve results with far fewer resources than a big company would have
- Confident working remotely and operating independently
- Valid driving license (this is required for the role)
- Acceptable driving history for three years pre-employment, and continuing while employed (this is required for the role)
As a Volta team, we are building an inclusive culture where everyone can feel safe to share their thoughts and opinions without judgment; a team where representation and development matter, and differences are valued. We strive to challenge the status quo, go beyond the numbers, and put in the work needed for Volta to be a leader in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.