Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We’re a 55-person team based in San Francisco.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories - a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Volley's infrastructure team, and work on a mission-critical modern stack, and to learn from a fantastic team of experts. The products you support will be deployed to a wide variety of devices, including smart speakers, smart TVs, and smartphones. You should be comfortable building out Infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform), Build Automation (Github Actions), as well as Custom Tooling (CLIs, buildscripts).
At Volley you will:
- Power products that reach millions of active users
- Learn from the best as you help evolve our modern stack
- Be a partner in furthering our in-house engine and tools
- Empower our product developers to deliver features quickly and effectively
- Work on best-in-class voice-controlled products that are social, engaging, and fun to play
Things you may have done before:
- Created build tools for large teams (BASH scripts, CLIs, even visual tools!)
- Managed Build Automation (Travis, Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions)
- Administered large numbers of remote machines (Kubernetes, ECS, Terraform, Ansible)
- Operated in environments with fast development-cycles focused on rapid product iteration
- Been part of a high performing engineering team
- 1-3 Years experience working in devops and/or cloud infrastructure
- Experience with modern NodeJS, JVM, or similar modern runtimes
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform (or similar), Linux, CI, bash, shell scripts, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our software stack:
- Kubernetes on EKS
- Github Actions
- Typescript on Node.js
- Kotlin Multiplatform on Mobile
- Alexa Skills Kit
- Google Actions SDK
At Volley, we recognize the importance of work-life balance. We offer a flexible, hybrid work-from-home and in-office work model. We also offer 4 weeks of paid time off (with an enforced 2-week minimum!).
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates, and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!