Volastra Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company based in New York City, formed from the laboratory of Dr. Lewis Cantley, along with Drs. Olivier Elemento and Samuel Bakhoum. Volastra is dedicated to the discovery and development of treatments for patients with cancer. The Company’s therapies will target novel pathways and apply insights gained from its scientific founders into chromosomal instability (CIN) and its clear association with the formation, progression, and maintenance of disease. Leveraging these insights we will identify and quickly validate novel therapies to shift the treatment paradigm in the toughest to treat cancers.
Volastra has raised $45M in funding from top US and European venture firms, including Vida, Polaris, Droia, and Arch. Current funding will look to advance a lead program into the clinic and strengthen the platform to identify a broader pipeline of candidates. The company has a world class scientific advisory board including two Nobel Laureates as well as a highly experienced senior leadership team. This includes the CEO, CSO and senior leaders with expertise in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, immunology, and operations.
The company operates out of 15,000 square feet of office and state-of-the-art laboratory space in West Harlem, New York City, within easy traveling distance of Columbia, Cornell, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and all most other areas of the city and New Jersey.
Please visit www.volastratx.com for more information
This exciting role of Project Lead/Development Team Lead will work closely with the scientific, clinical and operational teams to achieve the company’s strategic plan. Volastra is seeking a versatile Project Lead/Development Team Lead or a senior role on the strategy and operations team to lead key cross functional projects and ensure deliverables are achieved. The Project and Portfolio Leader will have responsibility for leading and executing projects as part of the team to ensure the advancement of key programs in the Volastra pipeline. Our ideal candidate is an independent thinker with excellent leadership and communication skills who will provide insights towards experiment design and interpretation. The successful candidate will also be instrumental in establishing workflows and infrastructure to support the Project Leadership group. The key responsibilities will include:
- Provide visibly and dynamic leadership of core project teams to develop/refine integrated development plans and execute cross-functional tactical plans based on the Scientific Governance Committee approved development/life cycle strategy
- Accountable for timely, cost effective and high-quality execution of Scientific Governance Committee approved program, including program’s budget, timelines, and resource allocation to achieve program’s goals
- Provide a continuously updated and balanced appraisal of the program status, including risk, cost, and value to stakeholders
- Responsible for alignment of functional plans with approved project plans and ensure high quality execution
- Primary interface with governance bodies and responsible for implementing decisions
- Ensure alignment between the program strategy and tactical execution
- Ensure coherence between the global project plan (timeline, resource allocation, Target Product Profile) and corporate and line management objectives
- Ensure team focus and accountability to achieve team goals
- Monitor program progress and develop corrective actions if deviations occur
- Ensure that all global core program team members understand project goals and objectives, current project plan and schedule, critical path activities and activities that may become critical path activities
- Work closely with all project team members to ensure close follow-up on execution and proactive evaluation and resolution of potential risks and challenges
- Make program/compound decisions within the scope approved by Scientific Governance Committee
- Partner with line function management deliver goals and escalate issues to appropriate governance committee if needed
- Interpret and communicate key clinical trial results and key regulatory milestones, communications, and engagements
- Develop and partner with team on an overall communication strategy, as well as the publication strategy and plan, PR plan and broad internal/external communications
- Manage project manager(s) working on projects within the overall program
- Seek and develop high performance team and individual behaviors (challenge, motivate, reward), including development of team members.
- Provide input to the development of corporate goals
Volastra is a lean team of dedicated individuals working to advance therapies for patients with cancer. As such, the Project Lead/Development Team Lead will from time to time have the opportunity to work on projects and take on responsibilities that may fall outside his/her scope of work.