Volant is a technology-driven trading firm made up of a close-knit group of quantitative traders and technologists. For almost 15 years we have specialized in automated options, futures, and equities trading from our offices in New York, Chicago, and Hong Kong. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture, flat hierarchy, and cross team collaboration.
- Perform daily / monthly general ledger functions such as cash and trading account reconciliation.
- Manage the lifecycle of invoice processing for all entities which includes upload into accounts payable invoice-to-pay software called Mineral Tree, coordinating invoice approvals across teams, posting to general ledger, and handling requests for payment.
- Prepare daily net capital computation and daily NLV reporting for two US Broker dealers and Hong Kong Broker Dealer.
- Mange monthly close process for five legal entities.
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger and run monthly depreciation and amortization reports.
- Maintain and reconcile accounts receivable and accounts payable sub ledgers
- Assist in preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly FINRA reporting requirements
- Assist in the weekly preparation of the 15c3-3 Reserve Calculation for new clearing business.
- Collaborate with CFO on preparation of firm consolidation reporting and intercompany reconciliation process.
- Assist with responses to requests from outside regulators and internal management.
- Support the annual external audit of financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responses to auditor questions and requests.
- Work closely with Compliance, Risk, and COO to review new trading initiatives and strategies.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance, CPA preferred
- 3-6 years professional accounting experience public/private (Big 4 experienced preferred)
- Previous exposure to financial services industry, interest in proprietary trading a plus
- Knowledge of SEC Net Capital Rule 15c3-1 and Customer Protection 15c3-3.
- Knowledge of general ledger, accounts reconciliation, account analysis, and financial statement preparation
- Solid analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookups/pivot tables)
- Great interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively
Nice to have:
- Tax and partnership accounting experience
- Exposure to Intacct, Mineral Tree or other general ledger systems
- Series 27 or a willingness to obtain it within the first year of employment