Volant Securities, LLC, a technology-driven clearing and executing broker dealer, is looking for a technology-oriented operations associate to join its small but growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a fintech start-up and to be an integral part of growing a broker-dealer from the ground up. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture and cross team collaboration.
We are looking for a hard-working and bright go-getter who is excited by having a hybrid business and technology role in an up-and-coming fintech business that is modernizing the plumbing of Wall Street.
- Assist in running the day-to-day operations of a newly formed clearing broker dealer.
- Be involved in all aspects of the clearing business, from interacting with customers, to performing operations tasks, to writing code to improve processes, to dealing with regulatory requests. While you might not know all of this on day one, you are a go-getter eager to learn about the business from A to Z!
- Communicate with clients to help understand their needs and deliver on customized solutions.
- Be willing to wear multiple hats – trading, operations, technology, and compliance.
- Perform daily reconciliations, review exception reports, and take an active role in meeting the regulatory requirements of running a clearing broker-dealer.
- Help to design and implement systems that will aid in the automation of clearing and settlement activities.
- Always excited to learn about new businesses, technologies, and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Take ownership of processes and add value by improving on the way things are done.
- Write code to help you do your job! Don’t push the same button every day.
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or other similar fields.
- Previous programming experience or interest, with a preference for .NET and SQL.
- High attention to detail.
- Legal authorization to work in the US (we will not sponsor a new work visa now or in the future).
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good writing skills.
- Series 7 and 63 (or within the first two months of joining)
- 0-3+ years of related experience.