Get to Know Voice
Voice is an NFT platform for emerging creators. NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) will fundamentally change the entire internet and how the world interacts with it. Voice enables novel ways for Creators to earn from, interact with, and create with their supporters and collaborators.
Come join us and build the future.
Voice is seeking a well rounded, passionate Engineer to join our team. As Frontend Engineer, you will be part of a team that focuses on the web application for the Voice platform.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, well-funded startup with big ambitions. In addition to doing ground breaking work, this role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of open thinking, positive communication, and continuous learning. We are looking for the best and brightest to take our platform to the next level.
Our modern and cutting edge application stack includes kubernetes, docker, reactjs, nodejs, graphql and blockchain all running on AWS and GCP and we are excited to find the right candidate to help us develop in this world.
The ideal candidate will have a strong TypeScript, React, CSS, and performance-minded skillset. Candidates will be empathetic to users, drive consistency and usability within the web UI, and thrive working in cross functional teams to create engaging product experiences for our users. Ideally this candidate will be open to not only teaching new technologies to the team but learning from existing technologies and processes as well.
- Engage with product, design/UX, and platform engineering teams to deliver performant, consistent and engaging features for the web application
- Contribute to new features, maintenance and bug fixing for the web with React, Node, CSS, TypeScript, React Testing Library, and more
- Effectively communicate issues, features, and proposed solutions to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Help hire, coach and mentor a team of engineers and/or vendors to greater excellence
- Help estimate projects and tasks and responsibility for on time delivery
- Research, evaluate and improve the Voice interface for web clients
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills
- Fluent in modern TypeScript, CSS, and HTML
- Mastery of responsive design techniques
- Experience in React (or another client side framework)
- Working knowledge of Git and Github
- Ability to write meaningful unit tests
- Experience troubleshooting and remedying cross browser inconsistencies
- Proficient in using developer tools to debug and troubleshoot performance issues
- Experience with GraphQL, Canvas, D3 (or other charting / data visualization libraries), Webpack (or other build tools)
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5 Technologies
- Experience creating PWAs
- Experience with UX/Design
- 5 or more years of experience
- Demonstrated competency in making interactive web experiences
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical people alike
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-starter with a thirst for knowledge and experimentation
- Eye for detail and ability to turn product/design dreams into realities
- Preference for working with and tweaking experiences for the UI layer
- Strong software product lifecycle management experience
- The independence to manage, execute, and take initiative without supervision
Voice is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.