Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, our Boston, MA -based Field Application Scientist will provide the scientific introduction of Vizgen’s technology to customers with a focus on biological discovery and helping customers efficiently generate their own data using Vizgen’s MERSCOPE platform. The ideal candidate will support customer training and wet lab/analysis support. This exciting position requires complex scientific problem-solving skills, efficient communication, and a passion for helping customers. The Field Application Scientist will be responsible for supporting and coordinating solutions to our customers’ and collaborators’ wide range of needs, focused on both pre-sales and post-sales.
The successful candidate will also manage and coordinate all technical aspects of customer demonstration projects, and represent Vizgen and engage with scientists and other customers at trade shows and scientific conferences.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of Vizgen’s technology, including sample preparation techniques, instrumentation, software, network communications, and full integration of the overall platform
- Develop expert-level knowledge of preparing tissue samples with Vizgen’s reagents and chemistry and how they impact the performance of the platform
- Present product information and scientific applications for customer seminars and trade shows
- On-board, train, and support new customers to ensure protocols are understood and followed properly
- Work with customers to help design custom gene panels
- Support customers in their data workflow to ensure high-quality results are generated efficiently in a broad range of applications
- Provide technical guidance to customers on experimental design for single-cell spatial analysis
- Document customer issues, investigate underlying causes, and work closely with the Vizgen support and R&D teams to implement solutions
- Closely collaborate with the sales team in identifying new customer and market opportunities
- Collect feedback from current customers and communicate to product teams and management to help guide product development
- Represent Vizgen in a professional and friendly way when engaging with both external and internal customers
Requirements and Qualifications:
- PhD or MS in relevant scientific or engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of customer support in life science genomics or imaging fields
- Single-cell analysis experience preferred
- Highly skilled in managing sample preparation and analysis for RNA detection in tissue
- High sense of urgency for resolving customer issues
- Experience in both start-up and large companies strongly preferred
- Solid interpersonal and team management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Highly organized, disciplined, and efficient in meeting deliverables
- Highly proficient in the use of business platform tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, documentation control, customer support ticketing, and other relevant software applications
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.