Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
The Instrumentation and HW project manager will be responsible for coordinate and assist in the development of the next-generation imaging system for the rapidly evolving spatial-omics field. The Company is currently developing a spatial omics platform that includes reagents, instrumentation, and analysis software as part of its first commercial product launch. The candidate will work within the Vizgen program management office with particular emphasis on the HW instrumentations and work with other project managers in other functional areas. He will be responsible for projects planning and monitoring related to Vizgen instrumentations.
- Manage, coordinate, and participate on cross-functional team activities that drive completion of the Company’s R&D projects
- Manage HW and HW-related cross-functional project goals, timelines, resource planning.
- Deploy industry-standard TRL methodology and PDR and CDR product development requirements to meet milestones related to the HW and instrumentation plan
- Identify risks and create mitigation plans for each of the R&D project goals
- Manage and/or create documentation as needed to support design, development, changes, manufacturing, and SOP’s
- Support development and compliance of the company’s Quality System and Process including implementation of documentation control system
- Work with HW engineering team to manage external consultants for product design and development related activities
- Work with HW engineering team to support selection, qualification, and management of contract manufacturers as part of the manufacturing transfer and commercialization process
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, or other relevant scientific disciplines required; and a minimum of 4 years of related experience is required
- Or Master’s degree in Biology, or other relevant scientific disciplines required; and a minimum of 2 years of related experience is required.
- Extensive background in one or more of the following areas is essential: biomedical engineering, bioimaging, genomics, sequencing, tissue sample preparation, FISH, IHC, oligonucleotide-based chemistries, and fluorescent-based imaging
- 3-4 years of work experience in project management in R&D product development in the life sciences research industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of any required degree.
- Track record of successful products developed and commercialized in the life sciences research field, especially experiences and knowledge in scientific instruments and tool development is preferred.
- Professional project management certification preferred
- Experience in implementing and managing document control systems
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 quality management systems
- Experience in both start-up and large companies strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Enjoys working in entrepreneurial but collaborative team-oriented environment
- Highly organized, disciplined, and efficient in meeting deliverables
- Highly proficient in the use of business platform tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, project management tools, documentation control, and other relevant software applications
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.