Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
The Inside Sales Representative is the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and outbound prospecting. We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual who will be responsible for quoting and forecasting reagents and consumables and/or sales opportunities below a defined dollar amount via phone e-mail and web meetings. The role will be required to engage with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating, and submitting individualized quotes, negotiation and overcoming obstacles and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt.
The Inside Sales Representative will understand and articulate product features, benefits, and applications along with selling & driving business at assigned accounts. The Inside Sales Representative will be required to establish relationships with customers and manage an account base in close co-ordination with the Regional Account Managers. The successful candidate will also be encouraged to take on leadership roles within the growing Inside Sales division. They will work with Marketing to facilitate and execute inbound/outbound marketing initiatives and customer outreach. You will need to maintain and increase current customer database through customer relations management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
In this role they will qualify and manage platform leads and opportunities in CRM. The Inside Sales Representative will work closely with Regional Account Managers to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific product line and/or sales territory.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and outbound prospecting.
- Manages the entire sales process for Reagents and Consumables, accounts and/or sales opportunities below a defined dollar amount via phone and e-mail.
- Engages with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes, negotiation and overcoming obstacles and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt.
- Works collaboratively with Regional Account Managers to meet and exceed sales quotas for a defined product line and/or sales territory.
- Includes establishing new customers and maintaining/growing existing customer accounts.
- Work with marketing to create new target lists for marketing campaigns
- Establishes and maintains strong, positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Assists in development of effective messaging sequences and identification of key customer segments
- Makes outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities, promote relevant marketing/sales promotional programs and initiate the sales process.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining lead, customer, sales opportunity forecast, funding source and competitive intelligence data into CRM database.
- Assists in qualifying marketing leads for instruments, adding leads and opportunities to CRM and passing to Regional Account Managers for follow up and close
- Quotes and manages service contracts on existing instrument platforms in the field
- Regularly develops & leads customer facing meetings, events, presentations, and customer proposals with assistance of support teams.
- Communicates key activities, trends, and changing customer dynamics as well as account objectives and action to management regularly
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in a business, science or technical field required. Genetics, molecular biology, or a closely related field strongly preferred.
- 1+ years successful sales experience with a technical product line or equivalent education preferred.
- Understanding of genomics, sequencing, single cell, molecular biology products and services preferred.
- Some experience with presenting product materials, sales webinars and seminars preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process and solutions.
- Experience in using social media tools, CRM/ERP systems and MS office suite preferred.
- Strong business sense, instinct and personal drive. Effective independent problem-solving skills.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exhibit a high degree of flexibility to adapt & embrace change.
- Overnight travel may be required for customer visits, trainings & meetings.
- Demonstrate a positive demeanor and desire to succeed with a consistent track record of establishing goals and achieving results.
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.