Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the SVP Global Sales and Support, the Global Director of Field Applications will be responsible for setting strategy, assembling, and managing a best in class field applications support organization, as well as being a key public face of Vizgen in the scientific community.
The aim of this position is ultimately to develop a scalable applications support strategy which maximizes customer success. In addition to developing and executing the strategy, this person will also lead the field applications team, develop training programs to support both new and existing members of the global support organization, customer training and on-boarding, ensure quick and smooth rollout of new products and applications, and provide critical customer and field feedback to the commercial, R&D, manufacturing, applications development, and the executive teams.
This role will also act as a leading public scientific face of Vizgen. They will work with the commercial and marketing team to develop strategic relationships with KOLs, presenting at conferences, user group meetings, and strategic accounts globally.
This position requires a combination of leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment.
- Develop an efficient and scalable applications support strategy, optimizing the customer experience with Vizgen
- Hire and lead the global field applications team
- Ensure the field organization is equipped to quickly and effectively support new product introductions
- Develop new-hire and ongoing training programs for the support organization
- Develop and refine customer training and on-boarding
- Develop and implement technical training programs for both new and existing global distributors and commercial partners
- Present at major global conferences, roadshows, user meetings, internal commercial meetings, and to key opinion leaders
- Work with the commercial team to develop a strong network of key opinion leaders
- Represent the scientific needs of the customer in the product development roadmap
- Document customer issues, investigate underlying causes, and work closely with the Vizgen support and R&D teams to implement solutions
- Closely collaborate with the sales team in identifying new customer and market opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications:
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related science with sales experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related major along with a minimum of 12 years of related experience is required.
- Or a Master’s degree biochemistry, molecular biology, or related major along with a minimum of 10 years of related experience is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of any required degree
- High sense of urgency for resolving customer issues
- Experience with Academic, Pharmaceutical, CRO, and Biotech customer segments
- Experience in both start-up and large companies strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, ranging from 1:1 conversations to presentations at global conferences
- Highly organized, disciplined, and efficient in meeting deliverables
- Willingness to travel both domestically and globally 50+% of the time
- Strong technical presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, complex technical material, both internally and externally
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, on a regular basis
- Ability to manage, mentor and motivate, a global team of technical field personal
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.