Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Instrument Operations Manager, the Senior Buyer for Hardware will be primarily responsible for managing several key relationships with Vizgen’s Hardware suppliers. This individual will be responsible for working closely with the Vizgen’s Manufacturing Engineer(s) to ensure continued, successful production of our raw materials and sub-components, thus ensuring continued production of our premier Hardware product(s). This individual will serve as a technical and administrative program manager between Vizgen and our Hardware Supply partners.
- Serve as the primary interface between Vizgen and several of our hardware suppliers to ensure attainment of build plan and overall cost, delivery and quality performance;
- Prioritize, escalate, and lead RCA action on any and all issues impacting build schedules;
- Monitor and manage consigned inventory to enable all forward build needs and hardware raw material readiness;
- Build performance metrics, launch to suppliers, and work with the supplier’s teams to ensure regular improvement against these metrics;
- Identify and advance cost projects with suppliers to support productivity cost attainment targets and establish a strong cost savings project pipeline;
- Identify and advance process improvement projects with suppliers to support continued build attainment targets and establish a strong pipeline for continuous improvement;
- Coordinate supplier Performance Reporting, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), and an annual audit cycle with Vizgen team members and suppliers;
- Develop long-term sourcing strategies for this category;
- Support key qualifications of supplier materials and subcontracted processing services;
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend category suppliers as necessary to support production program needs;
- Negotiate supply agreement(s) with all suppliers as needed to enable the best costs, service, and quality for Vizgen’s product line(s); and,
- Participate in new product launch meetings and own all NPI purchasing activity.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or similar discipline from an accredited educational institution is required;
- At least 5+ years applied experience as a Senior Buyer or Category Lead within a category responsibility environment, ideally with an annual $10M+ spend responsibility;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the required degree.
- Skilled at contracting with major supply partners and experienced in commercial negotiations and agreement development;
- Skilled at supply partner risk analysis and related mitigation strategies;
- Experience working as a liaison between Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and supply partners to introduce new products and lead continuous improvement projects;
- Ability to independently lead cross-functional Sourcing materials projects to completion;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across internal departments and with external partners;
- Experience with Operations best practices such as LEAN, Kaizen, 5S, and Six Sigma;
- Comfortable with single-source negotiations, managing conflict, and escalating issues when appropriate;
- Highly motivated and organized individual with sharp analytical and process mindset ;
- Experience with ERP - NetSuite preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, macros, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and macro coding.
- Experience utilizing Tableau and/or PowerBI desired.
- Demonstrated cost reduction experience and track record with a range of categories and projects; and,
- Willing to travel periodically both domestically and internationally.
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.