Who We Are
Vivvi is not your typical daycare! We’re reinventing child care and early learning for today’s families and creating opportunities for teachers and caregivers to do what they love (and feel valued while they’re doing it). Join the Vivvi community to provide the quality program children deserve while pursuing your own professional growth and development.
About The Role
As a Head of School, you'll:
- Lead school operations by developing and overseeing critical systems and processes related to staffing/scheduling, tracking enrollment, etc.
- Oversee compliance systems and ensure adherence to applicable health, safety and licensing requirements
- Ensure the ongoing delivery of a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Support in all aspects of relationship-building and enrollment with prospective families
- Foster and promote Vivvi’s inclusive environment throughout all aspects of the school
- Provide mentorship to faculty members including regular performance evaluations and meaningful professional development opportunities
- Play an active role in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding
Apply Today If You:
- Enjoy working with young learners, and see every child as infinitely capable
- Have 5-10 years experience n a similar role
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, or a related field
- Hold or are working toward NYS Initial or Permanent Teaching Certification birth to 2
- Have deep expertise in emergent- or inquiry-based curricula and a progressive approach to early childhood education
- Are knowledgable of licensing requirements for early childhood programs
- Value and create strong relationships with families, children, and faculty
- Possess excellent leadership skills including the ability to define goals and motivate staff towards success
- Are already or are willing to be CPR and First Aid certified
- Are fully vaccinated against COVID
Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Our Campus Leaders earn salaries from $82,000-$110,000 based on level of education and experience. Full time employees also receive benefits including tuition reimbursement, health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement savings, and commuter benefits.
Child-Centered Approach: Our educators facilitate each child’s success by observing their interests and developing a curriculum inspired by their curiosity. Learn more about our teaching philosophy here https://vivvi.com/programs
State-of -the-Art Facilities: Our campuses are purposefully designed to offer endless opportunities for learning and discovery.
Employee Development: We offer financial support for ongoing education through tuition reimbursement, as well as robust onboarding training, ongoing professional development days, and individual coaching and feedback. We also love to promote from within and are committed to helping our colleagues achieve their career goals at Vivvi!
To be considered, applicants must be based in or willing to relocate to NY. Candidates must also possess independent US work authorization.
Physical demands of this position include but are not limited to sitting and standing for extended periods, bending at the waist, reaching overhead, and frequently moving or lifting children weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact email@example.com. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.