About Vivvi: Vivvi provides child care and early learning for today’s families. We partner with employers of all sizes to make exceptional full-time and backup care more accessible and affordable With beautiful campuses, flexible offerings, and trained, passionate teachers, we provide parents with peace of mind while offering employers the most powerful tool for recruitment, retention, and productivity.
About the role: As the Head of Business Development, you will be an instrumental team member, partnering with the VP of Sales to build a department from the ground up and drive meaningful growth for the entire company. Your ultimate responsibility will be to identify and generate new qualified leads, drive our outbound and prospecting strategy, develop the GTM strategy, and work with the team to close opportunities. You will learn and grow while contributing significant value to Vivvi, our corporate partners, and the families and children we serve. With the right mix of organization and interpersonal skills, hustle, drive and grit, the person in this role will go far.
As the Head of Business Development, you will:
- Identify and build a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities through partnership with Sales and C-Suite by developing targeted lists, outreach campaigns, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Collaborate with C-Suite, Sales Leadership, Marketing, and other business partners to develop a successful GTM strategy
- Develop and drive innovative strategies to boost conversion rates and increase revenue outbound in our target accounts
- Own the RFP/RFI process start to finish
- Initiate and establish strong relationships with potential clients by understanding their needs as a business and how Vivvi can be a partner to them
- Partner with Sales to progress and close opportunities while helping to streamline and enhance the sales process
Meet or exceed all assigned goals
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on volume statistics, lead pipeline, conversion of leads and playbook effectiveness
- Communicate the Vivvi value proposition to potential clients in a compelling and strategic manner; deliver a top tier sales experience
- Maintain a clean pipeline and work with VP of Sales to manage and forecast the business with a high degree of accuracy
- Hire, coach, mentor and manage a team of Business Development Representatives to follow in your footsteps driving outstanding pipeline growth over time
- 7+ years of experience in a Sales Enablement, Business Development or Sales role at a B2B company with a proven track record of success (experience in the employee benefits space a plus)
- 2+ years experience in a leadership or people management role, preferably in high growth environment
- Track record of delivering on aggressive sales pipeline targets
- Proven ability to establish new relationships with target accounts, grow existing accounts and influence external stakeholders, including VP and C-level executives
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Comfort with change and evolving goals/priorities driven by company growth and journey
- Exceptionally strong organizational, project management, data analysis and presentation skills, to both internal and external stakeholders
- Effective problem-solving abilities, ownership and accountability to drive execution on all deliverables
- Someone who thrives both independently and as part of a team, consistently aims to go above and beyond, displays intellectual curiosity, and never views any task too big or too small
- Proficiency in HubSpot and ZoomInfo preferred
- Join a mission-driven company with talented and passionate colleagues
- Work with the VP of Sales to build an entire department from the ground up
- Competitive pay, including stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) for you and your family’s needs
- Free child care
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Work-from-home stipend to set you up for success when working remotely
To be considered, applicants must be based or willing to relocate to NY. Candidates must possess independent US work authorization.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
One of Vivvi’s values is to treat each other with honor for the whole person (not just the roles we fulfill). This means we acknowledge each others’ rich experience, cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to reach the best outcomes. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume. We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application!