- Location: Staten Island, NY
- Age of Child(ren): 3 months old
- Hours:16 hours per week
Join Vivvi as we reinvent child care and early learning for today’s families, with exceptional educational offerings both onsite and in-home.
Vivvi is seeking a passionate, experienced educator to lead a high quality in-home learning program for an infant. In terms of curriculum and professionalism, this opportunity offers the best of a classroom teaching position, with the benefit of building a strong relationship with one family.
As an educator with Vivvi In-Home, you will:
- Work with the Vivvi team to develop a program that is tailored to the unique interests and needs of the child(ren) in your care
- Plan and implement activities and curriculum that support children’s development
- Ensure children’s health and safety at all times through close supervision and adherence to a robust set of daily protocols
- Engage with children to provide rich language, loving care, and interactive play
- Provide parents the consistency and reliability they need to pursue their goals outside of the home
- Build relationships with families and proactively communicate regarding scheduling, programming, and children’s development
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Minimum two years of experience working with infants
- Experience with infant care duties (feedings, naps, changings)
- Experience with light household chores (baby laundry, food prep, light clean up, bottle cleaning)
- Experience with developmental support on the following areas: tummy time, sensory play, gross and fine motor, language development, literacy development
- Ability to create high quality, age appropriate educational content
- Ability to confidently interact with parents and form strong relationships
- Strong communication and written skills
What Vivvi offers:
- Robust training and investment in your growth and skill development as an educator
- A national community of educators who embody the same mission-driven spirit and mindset
- Friendly, warm and supportive teammates who will be with you every step of your journey to set you up for success
- Competitive compensation: all positions are salaried; full-time roles offer benefits
- Supplies, including PPE and additional budget for curricular materials
- First Aid/CPR training if needed
What to expect during the recruiting process:
- Submit resume
- Complete SparkHire video interview
- Speak with a member of our in-home team
- Meet with a family or be placed in our talent pipeline for future consideration
To be considered, you must be willing to travel to the job’s location (a private family home). You must also be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
One of Vivvi’s values is to treat each other with honor for the whole person (not just the roles we fulfill). This means we acknowledge each others’ rich experience, cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to reach the best outcomes. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume. We look forward to receiving your application!