About Vivvi: Vivvi provides child care and early learning for today’s families. We partner with employers of all sizes to make exceptional full-time and backup care more accessible and affordable. With beautiful campuses, flexible offerings, and trained, passionate teachers, we provide parents with peace of mind while offering employers the most powerful tool for recruitment, retention, and productivity.
About the role: The Licensing & Compliance Specialist will oversee the licensing of all new Vivvi campuses and programs in the Chicago area. This person will interpret all applicable federal, state, and local statutes, codes, policies, and regulations and develop replicable systems and training programs to successfully launch new initiatives, primarily onsite daycare and preschool, and ensure they remain in compliance.
The Licensing & Compliance Specialist will report directly to Vivvi’s Co-Founder and COO.
- Works with all regulatory bodies to pre-approve prospective Vivvi sites for construction
- Establish and own licensing process from site approval through construction and opening, including:
- Construction plans & timelines
- Paperwork, fees and certifications
- Health & Safety procedures
- Hiring and Training
- Oversees licensing processes aligned to construction and alerts preemptively when targets will not be hit
- Responsible for creating scalable, repeatable training modules for local site leaders in licensing protocols and processes
- Works with Heads of Schools and Corporate Operations teams to interface with suppliers and vendors for cleaning and other facilities related items
- Oversees ongoing compliance and health and safety standards at all program sites, including but not limited to licensed campuses, drop-in sites, and in-home environments
- Performs regular and thorough inspections of school sites aligned to regulatory standards
- Works with local Education Directors and Heads of School to ensure all student and teacher files are complete prior to start and up to date on an ongoing basis
- Develops manuals and handbooks to ensure compliance at all levels: hiring/staffing, facilities, reporting, policies and practices, credentialing, etc.
- Works with local Heads of School and School Experience Coordinators to draft and review important updates to health & safety systems
Systems & Other:
- Builds and oversees systems to produce required reporting on health and safety, and compliance performance across all sites and businesses using software tools
- Builds and oversees systems for training site level compliance for teachers and regulatory leads
- Produces Health & Safety and compliance related collateral for licensing and compliance purposes in substantial final form
- Minimum 5 years experience / 3 sites previously licensed
- Previous teaching experience with children ages 0-5
- Administration and leadership experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite and other technology
- Strong relationships with local regulatory agencies
Vivvi is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.