Director of Offsite Programs & Summer Camp
About Vivvi: Vivvi provides child care and early learning for today’s families. We partner with employers of all sizes to make exceptional full-time and backup care more accessible and affordable. With beautiful campuses, flexible offerings, and trained, passionate teachers, we provide parents with peace of mind while offering employers the most powerful tool for recruitment, retention, and productivity.
About the role: The Director of Offsite Programs & Summer Camp is responsible for leading, developing and coordinating all aspects of Vivvi’s summer and client-based on site programs, including launch operations, staff supervision, scheduling, programming, human resources, marketing and communication, and facilities planning.
This position may provide an opportunity for flexible hours, part time or full time, as well as some remote work. Onsite presence will be required June - August in White Plains and occasionally in the NYC and surrounding areas thereafter.
The Director will oversee:
- Summer at Vivvi, a day camp based in Westchester serving 200 children this summer with a robust and enriching set of activities
- “In-Office” care and learning programs that serve the employees of Vivvi’s corporate partners onsite at their place of business
- Develop, plan, coordinate, oversee, implement and evaluate all aspects of a successful and high quality program for children of all ages
- Deliver a high quality program that adheres to a set budget
- Develop relationships and maintain ongoing communication with parents and families
- Maintain a high degree of organization across all data and reporting systems from enrollment and attendance to inventory, budget, and more
- Work in conjunction with Vivvi People team to oversee personnel decisions
- Hire, supervise, observe and evaluate staff and vendors on an ongoing basis
- Oversee all staff development and training for all programs
- Responsible for local Department of Health licensing and adhering to all mandatory standards and requirements
- Coordinate with Nursing staff/consultant to ensure compliance with all health regulations
- Evaluate, negotiate and approve contracts with vendors and venues and transportation/busing providers
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree preferred
- Must be certified in CPR (or achieve certification prior to start date)
- Have at least 5 years of camp experience and/or 5 years of school operations
- Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with children 5-14, including children and families needing extra support
- Experience implementing regulations and standards for school-age and early childhood programs
- Ability to create a safe and inclusive environment for children, families and staff
- Customer service mindset and spirit of partnership with client and families
- Experience hiring and managing a large and diverse staff team
- Experience creating and following a budget
- Proficient in Excel and Google Docs
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of comfort with various student registration and data management systems
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with a drive to develop new programs and new solutions to meet community needs and balance budget goals
- Commitment to and interest in a progressive educational environment
Vivvi is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.