Vivvi provides child care and early learning for today’s families. We partner with employers of all sizes to make exceptional full-time and backup care more accessible and affordable. With beautiful campuses, flexible offerings, and trained, passionate teachers, we provide parents with peace of mind while offering employers the most powerful tool for recruitment, retention, and productivity.
Vivvi Early Learning seeks an Education Director to start by October 1, 2020. The Education Director is a key administrator and the point person for compliance-related matters schoolwide. In addition to ensuring that the campus operates in a manner that is consistent with Department of Health guidelines and Vivvi policies, the Education Director will be a key leader in the community, acting as a supervisor and mentor for faculty and being a friendly, knowledgeable point person for families, communicating warmly and effectively. Depending on the number of students under their supervision, the Education Director may spend up to half of the week The Education Director will report to both the Head of School and to Vivvi’s Head of Compliance.
The Education Director will be responsible for:
Implementing Compliance Systems
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all Article 47 requirements
- Liaising with licensors and other stakeholders from the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Owning all children’s and faculty members’ files and ensuring that they are complete, accurate and up-to-date at all times
- Developing checklists and resources to ensure the physical environment and facilities meet the needs of faculty and children including overall cleanliness and organization, presence of materials such as first aid kits, gloves, etc.
- Being the authority on all health and safety protocols -- both daily routines and emergency drills and plans
Supporting Curriculum Implementation
- Ensuring the ongoing delivery of a developmentally appropriate curriculum that honors the Vivvi philosophy of quality education and care while adhering to NYC guidelines
- Alongside Head of School, auditing existing program and implementing evidence-based improvements at regular intervals
Providing Leadership and Operations Support
- Creating staffing schedules and approving PTO requests in partnership with Head of School
- Participating in hiring and onboarding processes
- Leading professional development on compliance-related matters as needed
- Coaching faculty members and taking disciplinary action when policies are not followed
- Supporting Head of School in conducting faculty performance reviews
Building Family Partnerships
- Provide school tours and/or have individual meetings with prospective families as needed
- Respectfully and effectively navigating difficult conversations with families
- Serving as a resource to families; being responsive and professional in all written and verbal interactions
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education; Master's degree preferred
- NYS Initial or Permanent Teaching Certification birth to 2
- Deep expertise in emergent- or inquiry-based curricula and a progressive approach to early childhood education
- Knowledge of NYC licensing requirements for early childhood programs and curriculum
- Exceptional track record of building positive relationships with families, children, and faculty and staff
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to define goals and motivate staff towards success
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and the ability to communicate across difference
- Demonstrated competency with digital tools such as Google Suite, Brightwheel, etc.
- Flexibility to work long hours including occasional evening and weekend events
Vivvi is an equal opportunity employer and offers a generous benefits package including equity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.