VivoSense develops and validates real-world digital clinical measures and provides end-to-end services and solutions for their delivery in regulated clinical trials.
VivoSense: Senior/Staff Software Engineer
USA – Remote
VivoSense applies cutting-edge wearable bio-sensor technology, software, and data analysis for clinical research, revolutionizing the way new treatments get to market. With the current transformations in the life sciences industry and the need for at-home monitoring due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are at the forefront of providing advanced clinical tools and services for our clients that now enable accurate and reliable at-home monitoring of complex and noisy biosensor data. Our novel software and services improve the quality, accuracy, timeliness, and ease of the data analysis of wearable biosensor data.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a passion for learning new things, and a self-starter attitude. As a small company, this Software Engineer will have the opportunity to come in on the ground floor, build greenfield products, help build out the Software Team, design and architect the solutions, and share in the success of our rapidly growing company. This person should be comfortable with navigating through an ambiguous environment, coming up with solutions that fit the user needs, and then implementing them.
What you'll do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project objectives and key results (OKRs) by working with Product Stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Science, Quality, Product, BD) to determine requirements and manage priorities
- Collaborate to define and implement suggested coding practices and design patterns
- Lead and manage team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with our values and build technical expertise amongst the team
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and working with remote, distributed teams.
- Solid understanding of Cloud native applications and enterprise application architectures.
- Strong grasp of Programming, with fluency in Kotlin / Ktor / Kafka /Angular.
- 5 -7 years of experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer, with previous experience leading/mentoring small teams.
Nice to haves:
- Work within a regulated Quality Management System, such as ISO 13485 or 21CFR820
- Able to work in a small team fast paced environment
- Experience with any of the following:
- Cloud governance
- Clinical Trials
- Machine Learning
Base Salary Range (DOE):
$170,000 - $190,000
- Unlimited PTO
- Board approved stock options
- Board approved annual bonus
- Direct access to senior leadership
- Life Insurance
- Professional growth training
- 401K with Safeharbor employer contribution
- Remote work
- Flexible working hours
- Amazing culture and team to work with