About the role:
As a member of the Pilot Manufacturing team, you will aid in the production of the very first cultivated leather on a pilot manufacturing scale! Reporting to the Pilot Manufacturing Manager, you will aid VitroLabs in maintaining steady production of our product. You will help develop process optimizations and give feedback on Standard Operating Procedures, which will allow VitroLabs to achieve a consistent, high-quality product for our customers. You will have a unique opportunity to help shape our first pilot manufacturing plant and the processes for production of our exciting, novel product!
You are inspired by VitroLabs' mission to create the highest quality materials that meet the uncompromising standards of our customers while drastically lowering environmental impact and furthering animal welfare. You enjoy a startup environment where ego is checked at the door and team work is essential. You approach new processes with curiosity and courageously suggest process improvements to support your team's progress and goals.
- Maintain manufacturing operations and batch records while following Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate with Pilot Manufacturing Lead to get and apply production process updates
- Participate in the installation and evaluation of new equipment and bioreactor technologies in partnership with R&D and Facilities Operations
- Work with the Pilot Manufacturing Manager to make process improvements and determine appropriate operating parameters to improve on quality and efficiency
- 1 or more years of experience* with full-cycle bioprocess manufacturing production operations
- Experience with aseptic and clean room principles
- Experience with small or large-scale bioprocess manufacturing equipment
- Available to work weekends
*At VitroLabs, we understand that those who are courageous enough to make the bold moves and run with the "crazy" ideas are the folks who drive innovation and enable us to accomplish our mission. There is no specific pathway that makes you a fit for this role, but rather your resilience, tenacity, and constant curiosity.
If you want to collaborate with us and know you can help make a product that will change the planet for the better, we want to hear from you.
- $44.23- $52.88 per hour ($92,000 - $110,000 annually), determined by level. We are hiring Associate-Senior Associate
- 90-100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental care
- Flexible Spending Account/ Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life insurance & Long Term Disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 401K (Employer matching)
- Onsite employer sponsored lunches (3 days each week)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks responsibly sourced)
- Team happy hours and regularly scheduled table tennis, foosball, and cornhole matches