About the role:
As Laboratory Operations Manager you will oversee all areas of laboratory and laboratory facilities operations for VitroLabs. You will report to the Research & Product Operations Lead, and oversee a team of Lab Technicians. You will lead the strategic planning, roadmapping, and people development for the laboratory operations team and oversee laboratory inventory and ordering, vendor relations and coordination, and general lab resource management to promote a safe and efficient working environment. You will promote communication with other teams within R&D and Operations to understand each team's needs, priorities, and constraints and create applicable solutions.
You are passionate about VitroLabs' mission and want to use your experience to run an effective and organized laboratory. You enjoy the startup environment and wearing multiple-hats and you understand how to balance both completing Lab Ops projects and supporting VitroLabs' goals. You love creating and implementing system efficiencies and improvements. You have project management skills and have experience guiding open-ended projects from start to finish.
- Forecast quarterly needs, produce reports, manage documentation, and lead audits necessary for efficient lab operations
- Propose operational improvements for efficiency and quality in the laboratory
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on all training, permits, and incidents
- Oversee daily operational and organizational laboratory responsibilities such as: managing laboratory inventory, routine equipment sterilization and maintenance, and scheduling calibration/preventative maintenance
- Manage shipping and receiving of laboratory materials; this may include confidential documents, finished products, sensitive materials, such as dry ice, cold packs, liquid nitrogen, CO2, hazardous waste, etc.
- Coordinate vendor contracts for purchasing laboratory supplies, chemical reagents, and consumables. Manage vendors for scheduling services, creating and collecting documentation and POs, agreements, etc.
- Maintain internal electronic lab management system to streamline inventory management, procurement, data management, and electronic lab documentation
- Lead a team of Lab Technicians responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the laboratory; support your team's growth and development
- Prepare written materials and in-person sessions to facilitate training of lab technicians and other new teammates
- Partner with the facilities teams to troubleshoot and coordinate small laboratory equipment repairs
- Coordinate the R&D and Pilot Manufacturing leaders to understand team needs and manage procurement, inventory, and equipment scheduling accordingly
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3 or more years of experience* in laboratory operations or life science industry
*At VitroLabs, we understand that those who are courageous enough to make the bold moves and run with the "crazy" ideas are the folks who drive innovation and enable us to accomplish our mission. There is no specific pathway that makes you a fit for this role, but rather your resilience, tenacity, and constant curiosity.
If you want to collaborate with us and know you can contribute to making a product that will change the planet for the better, we want to hear from you.
- Experience with vendor management, shipping and receiving, and equipment maintenance
- Experience in environmental health and safety (EH&S), laboratory risk assessments, lab and biosafety responsibilities
- Experience working with electronic lab data management, documentation, and reporting
- $98,000-113,000 annually
- 90-100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental care
- Flexible Spending Account/ Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life insurance & Long Term Disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 401K (Employer matching)
- Onsite employer sponsored lunches (3 days each week)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks responsibly sourced)
- Team happy hours and regularly scheduled table tennis, foosball, and cornhole matches