At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you read every branch in a branching adventure? Ever wanted to design storylines that are played by millions? Are you a master of choice-based RPG’s? Can you debate the virtues and drawbacks of any RPG system? If you like working with in-engine tools to drive your vision from concept to fully-realized in-game story, we are looking for you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a hardworking Contract Game Designer who is excited to work on the WWE 2K franchise. You will craft the player’s unfolding story, build epic rivalries, alliances, betrayals, and triumphs. You will build dynamic RPG quests and character progression models. You will script engaging WWE storylines and fast-paced action sequences that weave the outstanding cast of WWE superstars into a player adventure like no other.
WWE2K is an exciting and ambitious game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology.
What You Will Do:
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Story Designer to deliver engaging, interactive stories
- Use our in-house story-scripting tool to create RPG-like quest events full of player choice
- Design core game mechanics, balance economy systems and tune player progression to ensure fun and compelling experiences for any user
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and artists to identify key issues and generate high-quality solutions
Who We Think will be a Great Fit:
- At least 1 year of experience as a professional game designer on a AAA title
- Deep understanding of RPG systems
- Broad mechanics and systems design ability
- Proven experience tuning and balancing games
- Experience crafting wireframes, writing, copy editing, and proofreading
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience playing a wide range of RPG games
- Experience writing branching and non-linear dialogue for games
- Scripting experience is a plus
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com