At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Are you a technology generalist with diverse interests and a love of efficiency? Do you take personal pride when artists produce amazing experiences with systems and workflows you created? Like helping teams get better? Have the clock speed to track multiple asset channels—motion capture, dialog, procedural gestures and expressions, user-created characters, props, visual effects, lighting, camera, facial capture, branching narrative and player agency—into a beautiful, integrated whole? Can you envision a future where the development tools we use to create rich narrative experiences get placed in the hands of our players? If a multi-year journey in design, architecture and release of amazing narrative systems gets you excited, wow, we want to talk to you.
Few people would expect that our WWE2K games are among the most story and cinematic-rich of any franchise, with hours of original content released every year. We want to innovate in how we conceive, create and deliver dynamic story content in our games. Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for an engineer to help us architect the future of in-game and user-created narrative content. In this role, you will work to support narrative pipelines, working closely with animation, cinematics and other teams to develop and support cutscene tools, pipelines, and run-time systems, to help make future iterations of WWE 2K the best ever!
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with tech leads and content creators to improve workflows, pipelines and efficiency
- Work with art, tech, and design to implement feature content
- Review codebase, tools and processes to streamline, solve challenges, and identify deficiencies
- Work in an Agile environment to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
Who Will be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in game development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C/C++; knowledge of C#
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
Might Be Nice:
- Experience working on tools and build pipelines
- Understanding of animation technologies
- Familiarity with in-game systems and tools for branching story, timeline editing, and integration of diverse asset classes, from animation to audio to VFX to character progression systems
- Understanding of game cameras, camera movement, and basic cinematic principals
- Proficient in 3D mathematics
- Shipped game titles, preferably on console
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $80,000 and $140,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com