At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you love the elegance of beautifully implemented systems? Do you have natural instincts for what’s important vs. what’s urgent? Can you build relationships to focus others on the highest impact efforts? Can you dive into a video game and immediately find nasty bugs that escape the attention of others? Are you able to quickly become an expert on new game features to contribute quality notes, anticipate user challenges and identify potential areas of concern? If so, we have a role that might interest you!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Embedded Game Tester to join our development team, working side-by-side with our team of programmers, designers, artists and producers. You will partner with veteran developers to test game features the moment they come online. You will be responsible for creating test plans, thoroughly testing our games, identifying and reporting defects, demonstrating repro steps, and providing concise feedback.
What You Will Do:
- Play game builds; find and enter clear and concise bugs into our tracking database
- Provide qualitative feedback on features that are work in progress
- Quickly and accurately handle requests from other departments as needed
- Coordinate with members of the Dev team to understand and test new features
- Write clear and creative test case scenarios
- Monitor and report on build status on a daily basis and flag blocking issues
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of QA experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on Microsoft and Sony development kits
- Excellent attention to detail
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
- Experience working directly with members of a dev team
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Perforce
- Strong technical expertise
- Familiarity with the WWE franchise
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com