At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you get a rush from unblocking developers, eliminating repetitive tasks, empowering artists, and improving teamwork? Have you ever taken on an effort and thought, “this could be faster,” or “this has too many steps,” or “this should not be so manual, error prone, repetitive, or… difficult”? We love people who think like you, who are passionate about development efficiency and well-designed tools. If you’re a tools engineer with a passion for helping developers create more, with better quality and less effort, we have a role for you.
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a Senior Tools Engineer to join our WWE2K tools team. In this role, you’ll build, design and maintain internal tools and pipelines to help improve the efficiency and stability of our development teams. You’ll work in a collaborative environment, side-by-side with your appreciative and engaged end customers to help all artists, designers and engineers make the next installment of WWE 2K the best ever!
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves game-makers, regardless of platform or development, tool, or backend focus. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Drive development of our custom tools and pipelines used to create the game
- Collaborate directly with content creators to improve workflows and efficiency
- Work with a small team to design, create, and maintain tools to solve problems or support game features
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- High proficiency in C# / .NET
- High proficiency in WPF / XAML
- Good understanding of async programming
- Good understanding of modern tool UI and design
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- Able to create good looking and efficient tools
- Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented and efficient code
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Good team player
- Love for video games, (not just ours!)
- Basic understanding of C++ is a plus
- Basic understanding of Python is a plus
- Interest in and basic knowledge of modern .NET features
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com