At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you prize efficiency, productivity, and the satisfaction that comes from helping a team do their best work? Do you have organizational ability combined with technical experience, to plan, track and deliver ambitious new game systems and development technology? Are you a collaborative leader and great communicator who thrives on delivering results? If so, wow, do we want to talk to you!
Universe is one of the most sweeping modes of WWE2K, integrating features and systems from gameplay, roster, camera, create, cutscenes and more to weave together a huge sandbox of potential, set in the world of WWE brands. Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a production leader for Universe, to organize, focus, prioritize and track a host of new features we’re creating for the mode. In the role of Universe Producer, you’ll interact with every branch of the WWE2K team to drive initiatives, invent and improve features, and streamline the Universe experience to help make the next iteration of WWE2K the best ever.
What You Will Do:
- Own high-priority initiatives to deliver amazing new features to our players
- Work with a team of producers, designers and engineers to conceive and plan feature investments to constantly improve and expand Universe
- Troubleshoot issues, and build consensus across diverse teams to ensure Universe priorities are met
- Provide management, organization and feedback to engineers, artists and designers across the team
- Decompose long term efforts into incremental steps, planning and communicating road maps to the team
- Collaborate with team members across the US and Canada insure the impact and interoperability of your features
- 4+ years of game production, dev or program management experience
- One or more shipped games with significant scope of ownership
- Experience setting clear goals, planning and delivering features with cross-functional teams and multiple competing requirements
- Outstanding project management capabilities, documentation, tracking and transparency
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Organized, excellent communication skills, passion for games, influential, collaborative demeanor
- Love for games (not just ours!)
- Project management training in Scrum or other agile framework
- Experience in Jira or other project management software
- Background in game systems design
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com