Widely regarded as one of the world’s top video game studios, Visual Concepts, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO) seeks Technical Artist to join its Development Team at its Shanghai-based development studio. Visual Concepts is best known for some of the world’s greatest sports videogames, including the world’s #1-rated and #1-selling basketball franchise, NBA 2K.
Technical artists will work closely with producers, designers, engineers, and other artists, to solve any technological issues related to art production, to ensure art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits, to put new ideas/technologies/solutions into place and educate/train staff in tools and processes.
- Drive and lead game build process with latest technologies to deliver stable and scalable CI environment
- Create tools for art team to improve the efficiency of art team
- Maintaining and upgrading tools for art team
- Identifying and implementing art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Staying on top with latest emerging and modern techniques/tools popular in the market
- 3+ years of experience in designing, developing and operating CI/CD environments
- Previous experience with Jenkins and/or other CI systems (bonus)
- Some basic knowledge of IT networking, hardware, and Windows/OS X administration
- Familiar with Source-Control tools (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Excellent Python and/or other shell scripting, great in configuration management in CI/CD infrastructure
- Support Art Director to align with the art overall requirements
- General understand of 3D AAA game production including environment, character, animation, rigging, VFX, audio and more
- Familiar with software commonly used tools in art development of games, including Maya, Photoshop, substance, etc.
- Shipped at least one commercial high end CG product
- Good command of English, excellent in written communication
- Passion for video games development