Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Foothill Ranch, CA studio is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our development efforts on an exciting new open world driving game! Within this role, you will be focused on ensuring the moment to moment networked multiplayer experience is the best it can be.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with gameplay engineers to ensure all gameplay systems are architected for and working well in a multiplayer environment.
- Optimize RPCs and replication techniques in our game to prevent issues with rubberbanding and minimize latency
- Measure and optimize dedicated server performance
- Contribute to technical development guidelines for working within network constraints
- Propose and implement solutions to mitigate cheating and other unwanted behaviors
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in game programming
- Meaningful experience writing networked multiplayer in fast-paced games
- Experience developing for current gen/next gen game consoles
- Understanding of distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- High proficiency in C / C++
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Ability to learn and master complicated code systems
- Ability to write clean, bug-free, well-documented, and efficient code
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 networking
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.