At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Budapest studio is seeking Software Engineers to join our ongoing and best-in-industry development efforts across a multitude of platforms. Top software engineers can join Visual Concepts and achieve career defining roles in the next generation of sports gaming. Learn and contribute to leading edge technology. Enjoy a culture dedicated to gaming and technical excellence.
NBA2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves client-side developers, backend developers, or full-stack developers. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Join a team of passionate engineers and producers creating the features logic and progression systems that drive NBA 2K’s game modes
- Create, improve, and work with tools that make the development process easier and more fun
- Represent the player at all times, delivering satisfying, polished, and extensible game features
- Participate in the design process every step of the way, as you work with your colleagues to make every feature your own, and get your voice heard
- Work in a team that values quality over quantity, with strict schedules to finalize features and allow time for testing and polishing
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- High proficiency in C / C++
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Able to learn and master complicated code systems
- Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented and efficient code
- Experience in console development as an engineer is a solid plus
- Passion for video games
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com