Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Foothill Ranch studio is looking for an experienced Sr. AI Engineer to contribute to the next iteration of the award-winning NBA 2K franchise. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and improving AI behavior and systems – from hero players to crowd systems, and everything in between.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to design, prototype, and implement new AI systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years of experience in AI and gameplay development for console games
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Shipped at least 1 commercial game release as an AI Engineer
- Fluent in C++
- Experience designing and implementing AI-decision frameworks
- Strong knowledge of advanced AI concepts, such as deep learning, patterns, and pathing
- Experience developing animation tools and an understanding of animation theories (IK, state machines, blend trees, etc.)
- Superb physics, 3D math, and algebra skills
- Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented, and efficient code
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
- Passion for video games and ideally, sports games
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.