OWN THE DESIGN DIRECTION OF OUR PLATFORM
Product Designers at Vise are obsessed with building a world-class user experience to save financial advisors time, grow their business, and help their clients understand their investment portfolios. They identify and advocate for solving critical customer problems, discover strategy-driving insights, and build advisor empathy across the company. Now that we’ve launched the second iteration of our platform, we’re ready to innovate from a design perspective and bring the next generation of our experience to life.
Autonomy is everything. At Vise, you’ll be empowered to apply your design instincts to the most critical parts of our user journey as well as express your point of view without bureaucracy or red tape. Through close partnership with product, engineering, and sales, you’ll be responsible for taking new product enhancements and features from ideation to execution. You’ll also play a pivotal role in driving the continued evolution of our design culture.
What you will own
- Your design process; end to end.
- Cross-functional outcomes with engineering, product, and business teams to understand problems, define goals and research requirements, map out user journeys, as well as prototype and launch new features and functionality
- Design strategy, continuously advocating for user needs and contributing to the evolution of our design system
- User research and testing from concept to usability
- Maintaining the standard for Design @ Vise, from culture, to process, to quality
Design deliverables on the horizon
- Reimagine our in-app notifications and communication strategy, helping advisors stay one step ahead of their clients
- Explore new ways to educate our users on Vise’s investment philosophy as well as the decisions our investment engine makes on behalf of clients
- Streamline core workflows in our app to save advisors time and provide them with a best-in-class experience
- Refine our process for sourcing and collecting user feedback
- Iterate on Vise’s visual style and contribute new patterns and components to our ever-evolving design system
- Work with the rest of the team to set overall company direction, sales strategy, and hiring goals
Career milestones that will catch our attention
- You have countless examples of cross-functional partnership with an iterative design process. You are comfortable accepting and implementing feedback and you’re always advocating for the best possible experience for users.
- You have a clear vision and track record of successfully implementing your designs. You’re able to get buy-in from stakeholders in product, engineering, and sales by clearly articulating your design decisions and rationale.
- You’ve taken abstract ideas and hypotheses and turned them into compelling product experiences that delight users and drive business impact.
- You’ve applied research, usability tests, and performance metrics to inform design decisions.
- You possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- You’re a skilled storyteller who can translate complex ideas and concepts into clear, concise narratives.
- You’re a self-starter. You have identified design problems in an existing product and taken the initiative to solve them.
- You can navigate ambiguity and uncertainty to deliver positive outcomes.
Through the internal and market data Vise has collected, we expect the salary range for this position to be $130,000 - $160,000 per year, plus a competitive equity package. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Vise offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits go here
Vise is an artificial intelligence (AI) powered asset management platform designed specifically for financial advisors to build, manage and explain personalized portfolios. In today's world, AI is driving personalization across various industries, enhancing the way we shop, consume content, and engage with technology. Embracing this trend, Vise is leading the charge to bring this level of personalization to how we invest. Vise ushers in Wealth 3.0, moving beyond mutual funds and ETFs to offer personalized and automated portfolios. By harnessing the power of AI, Vise enables financial advisors to create tailored investment strategies that cater to each client's unique financial needs and goals.
Financial advisors are at the heart of this transformation, as their relationships with clients are essential to understanding and meeting each client's unique financial needs. With Vise, advisors can focus on nurturing these relationships instead of spending time building and managing portfolios. Our platform empowers advisors to create institutional-grade, personalized portfolios, automate their management, and explain valuable insights that enhance their expertise and service to clients. Vise is the outsourced sub-advisor, doing trading, rebalancing, and managing client portfolios fully automated on the advisor's behalf; Vise charges an AUM fee for its services.
Our exceptional New York team comprises world-class Ph.D. quants, investment researchers, and engineers with experience at industry-leading firms like Citadel, Blackrock, Stripe, and Stanford. Combining top financial and engineering talent, we pride ourselves on delivering products faster and understanding our customers' needs better than anyone else in the market. Vise has garnered the support of prominent venture capital firms, raising over $130M from Sequoia Capital and Founders Fund, among others.
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.