Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round.
As part of the Investment Strategy team, the Investment Strategist is responsible for helping to develop and refine Vise’s investment strategy, philosophy, and marketing content. As a strategic partner to the sales team, you’ll be responsible for partnering with sales to help drive prospective clients to the finish line. You'll also work with the quantitative engineering team to help build investment analytics and refine our investment strategies. You'll need to bring an entrepreneurial, big-picture mindset to the role, while still being incredibly detail oriented.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until December 31, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
What you will own:
- Transform Vise’s investment philosophy and approach into world-class solutions and content for Advisors
- Expert at identifying advisor needs and provides key insights to help address those needs, preferences, and goals in the form of white papers, presentations, and other marketing content
- Write about thematic and investment-related topics and are looking to lead initiatives on analytics that drive new assets to the platform
- Communicate client issues in a clear, concise manner to product and quantitative engineering teams
- Assist in building Vise strategies and improve our quantitative approach
- Shape how we communicate Vise’s investment approach to clients/prospects and present our investment approach in client meetings
- Support sales team by building and enhancing investment strategy sales support materials
- Respond to client inquiries with ad hoc data analysis
- Design Portfolio attribution analysis
- Design and execute portfolio comparison vs. competitors
- Assist in preparing status, activity, and performance reports for clients
What you will bring on Day 1
- BS Engineering, Finance or Economics or higher degree
- Passionate about writing, presenting, and speaking to clients on a variety of investment topics
- Strong understanding of financial markets – primarily equity and fixed income
- Excellent communicator, experience working with financial advisors
- Capable of running analysis via excel, Matlab, R, python, or other high-level language to produce reports, analytics, and research
- Intellectually curious and a successful problem solver
- Team focused mindset, eager to collaborate with others to solve problems
- Transparent and direct
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.