Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
We are seeking an experienced relationship manager to grow our Intermediary business as a Director of National Accounts and be responsible for finding and building new intermediary platform relationships. This position will serve as the primary resource for key intermediaries such as Wirehouses, Private Banks, Independent Broker-Dealers, RIA aggregators and custodians, as well as other wealth management platforms.
The Director of National Accounts will work together with the Chief Sales Officer in delivering on sales targets and product placement initiatives to our intermediary channels. You will participate in the strategic planning, including segmentation and relationship management strategy, and lead the onboarding of new strategies and platforms with a thorough understanding of and engagement with key internal and external stakeholders. This requires knowledge of all aspects of intermediary business, including client type, manager selection process, product, pricing, data analytics, CRM, compliance, and contracting. This position requires a strategic thinker and a collaborative hands-on leader. We are seeking an individual who wants to make a real impact on our intermediary business.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until December 31,2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
What you will own
- Leverage the firm's resources to create value and deliver solutions that meet the needs of our strategic partners
- Maintain and build key relationships, identifying business development opportunities, and fostering relationships with key centers of influence
- Develop, implement, and execute a strategic business plan for supporting and growing key relationships
- Improve product availability and placement across platforms and recommended lists
- Coordinate marketing, sales, and support activities for these accounts with team members, wholesalers, and other internal teams
- Identify marketing and sales opportunities and work closely with other teams across the organization to successfully execute campaigns
- Negotiate selling and model delivery agreements and amendments with key accounts platforms
- Represent the firm at selected national and regional conferences
What you will bring on Day 1
- A minimum of five years of experience covering National Accounts
- Strong understanding of investment products, services, and distribution partners / investment manager selection and asset allocation process
- Well-respected and connected within the finance industry, with relationships at wirehouses, private banks, BDs, IBDs, RIA aggregators, RIA custodians, and other wealth management platforms
- Experience working across marketing, sales, compliance, legal, administrative, and investments
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- A high level of professionalism and diligence
- Motivated to achieve success, a strong work ethic, collaborative team member
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong relationship management and client service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional team
- Knowledge of mutual funds, ETFs, direct indexing, and SMA distribution
- Ability to work independently while supporting group initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Marketing, Communications and/or related field preferred; MBA, CFA, CFP & CIMA a plus
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.