Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
We are looking for a talented Business Development Representative to support our new client acquisition team by driving sales and building relationships with financial advisors. You will be responsible for generating leads, soliciting prospective clients, facilitating sales, and connecting clients with the right Account Executive. Successful Business Development Consultants, will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a client first mentality.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
What you will own
- Initiate contact with financial advisors through cold-calling
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Qualify prospective financial advisors via cold calls and emails
- Act as the subject matter expert on product offerings/solution development skills
- Create relationships with financial advisors to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales.
- Present product information to financial advisors once you have identified their needs.
- Move solid leads through the marketing funnel, connecting them to a salesperson, and arranging in-person meetings, emails, or phone calls.
- Follow-up with potential financial advisors who expressed interest but did not engage the sales team.
What you will bring on Day 1
- 1-3 years of experience in a direct sales role
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company
- Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools: Salesforce, Discover Data, LinkedIn, SalesLoft, Hubspot, Google Apps, Microsoft Office
- Experience working in or selling to the wealth management industry is a plus
- Direct understanding of financial advisor pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value is a plus
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.