Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence.
Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series C stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Ribbit Capital, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
We are looking for a curious and execution focused Software Engineering Manager to lead one or more platform development teams at Vise. You will partner closely with other managers and engineering leaders in the Tech org of product, platform, & quantitative engineering teams. You will also partner closely with our investment strategy team, product & design team to prioritize and execute on work that provides real solutions for our customers. You should strive to build platforms for operational excellence and high developer velocity. We hold our product and infrastructure to a high standard and value correctness, quality, and trustworthiness to reflect the values of the Financial Advisors we serve. Our engineering organization is built around three principles: Inclusivity, Trustworthiness & Strive for Excellence. We embody an open, collaborative, and inclusive spirit, and we seek those who value autonomy and accountability to learn & grow from both our wins and mistakes.
Our HQ is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees. This role can be based in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY.
What you will own
- Managing one or more platform teams of 4-6 software engineers each
- Supporting your reports career growth along mastery of craft, leadership and impact
- Setting technical direction to support our product through thoughtful planning with your team or teams, other engineering leaders and cross functional teams
- Partnership with multiple product & platform teams to drive product and business opportunities through technical execution
What you will bring on Day 1
- 2+ years of engineering management experience and must have previous experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Passion for recruiting talent and managing high performing & motivated engineers
- Proven systems thinking, technical sense and experience building products, platforms & APIs at some scale
- Experience owning a product focused platform and a love for collaboration across functions and teams to achieve business impact
- A desire to grow you management skills in a startup environment where achieving impact through flexibility, grit, and resolve matter more than job titles
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.