Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence. Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series B stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
As the Director of Sales, you will lead a high-performing team of 20+ individuals composed of both sales leaders, direct contributors and support specialists. Focusing on the RIA channel, you will have in-depth experience in both managing and closing large complex institutional sales; as well as, specific industry experience across National RIA’s, TAMPS, Aggregators, Family Offices and other segments within the RIA community. Additionally, you will have deep experience in asset allocation products, specifically relating to model portfolio’s composed of mutual funds, ETFs, and direct index products.. You’ll provide strategic direction to the sales and service teams as it relates to growth, retention, and upsell potential; while also putting the sales team on a trajectory that maintains Vise’s high growth momentum.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
What you will own
- Coach sales leaders and provide continuous guidance to the broader team.
- Create specific sales goals, closely monitor and communicate progress towards sales goals to executive management
- Drive the profitable long-term development of the fast-growing RIA business and identify major growth opportunities for the sales team.
- Improve the service model for sales activity based on deep expertise of the market, competition, regulatory considerations, and standard investment methodologies.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to create and test long term growth strategies for key territory prospects and channel partners.
- Shape cross-functional teams and collaboration across Vise and use existing relationships to engage in successful prospecting activity and service to current clients.
- Identify and develop new partnership opportunities for the business specifically relating to Custodian providers, IBD’s and other organizations.
- Comfortability to be inserted into most complex and high impact sales conversations to assist in closing and expediting the sales cycle.
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales team
- Build on your outstanding industry knowledge and external expertise to provide value and influence
- Own partnership with Client Services, Account Management, Operations, Engineering, Product, and Finance teams at Vise
- Create an inclusive culture that cultivates differences.
What you will bring on Day 1
- 10-15 years of asset management experience, with at least 8 years of direct sales experience to the RIA community
- 5+ years of experience building and leading high-performing teams covering the RIA marketplace
- 5+ years in a senior level client or prospect relationship role required.
- Deep understanding of model portfolio providers, direct indexing providers, and asset allocation products utilized by investment management competition.
- Leverage network of large nationwide RIA’s/custodians that would be interested in partnering with Vise.
- SaaS or Financial Technology industry experience is a plus
- Ability to develop and critically analyze a sales pipeline and forecast
- Desire to solve complex client problems and operate in a hyper growth environment
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. CFP or CFA preferred, not required
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.