Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence. Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series B stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
As a Software Engineer here, you will leverage existing knowledge about modern frameworks and technologies to build the foundation across our software stack! You will have ownership & shape the architecture and structure of the product. We're looking for engineers with strong knowledge and experiences - it can be mostly infrastructure, database engineering, full stack for web apps, or front end. We're focused on building a robust and powerful web app, so unfortunately, we don't have anything on mobile right now.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
What you will own
- Design and implement backend servers and APIs to interact with the frontend system
- Design and implement the data layer for the system, including data storage, batch processing, data streaming, etc
- Partner with quantitative engineers to conduct data analysis, as well as design and implement ML algorithms to better portfolio creation and management
- Design and implement user flows and front end features
What you will bring on Day 1
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related fields
- 2+ years of software development experience outside of education and internships
- Experience with relational databases in current role or in past 2 years
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities
- Ability to demonstrate examples of experiences tied to our Engineering Values: Trustworthiness, Inclusivity, and Strive for Excellence
These would be great to have, but we’re sure you can learn this on the job here
- Previous industry work experience with streaming frameworks (Kafka, Samza, Flink) is a bonus
- Experience with Python, TypeScript, or Node and some experience with React or Redux frameworks
- Financial background or previous work with financial data
Our stack: Python, Postgres, Express, TypeScript, Node, React, Redux, and AWS
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.