Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence. Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series B stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
As a Senior Trading Associate on the Vise Investments Team, you’ll be deeply involved in the portfolio execution and reconciliation process. The job will also entail working closely with software engineers to build out and systematize our trading operations as we scale for growth, drawing on your knowledge of enterprise trading systems. You'll need to bring an entrepreneurial, big-picture mindset to the role, while still being incredibly detail oriented.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
What you will own
- Execute trading related tasks, including placing orders, reconciliation, managing trading exceptions
- Work with engineers to design, develop, and implement trading reconciliation processes
- Identification and remedy issues with execution of trades and data
- Become an expert on the Vise platform and write documentation around its functions
- Maintain current client knowledge and serve as a point of contact for trading and portfolio execution
- Assist in preparing status, activity and performance reports for clients
- Communicate trading issues in a clear, concise manner to the engineering team
- Prepare best execution TCA reports for internal stakeholders and clients
What you will bring on Day 1
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial services trading role
- Understanding of the different components to an enterprise level trading system such as OMS/EMS platforms, trading reconciliation, TCA, broker/dealer relationships
- Well versed in trading platforms like Broadridge, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, and Fidelity
- Team focused mindset, eager to collaborate with others to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills both inside the organization, as well as externally with clients
- Intellectually curious and a successful problem solver
- Able to switch contexts quickly in past-paced environment
- Transparent and direct
- A high degree of proficiency in Excel, Word, and FIX formats
- Comfortable with learning and using new software tools
- Bachelor’s degree with an excellent record
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.