Vise is a venture-backed fintech company focused on closing the financial access gap. Its technology platform automatically creates custom investment portfolios and strategies tailored to life goals, personal values, and the daily ups and downs of the market. With 2500+ client accounts under management, Vise has raised $128 million from investors like Sequoia, Ribbit Capital, and Founders Fund. The company is based in New York.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Back-end, you will leverage existing knowledge about modern front-end framework technologies combined with microservices and database technologies to build a powerful back-end. You will have ownership of sizable portions of our software stack and shape the architecture and structure of the product.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. We support flexible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Our office is open with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. In line with forthcoming local and federal mandates, we require all employees be fully vaccinated, per CDC guidelines, before engaging in in-person work or business related activities. We continue to monitor and follow state and federal Covid-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of our employees and communities.
What you will own
- Design and implement back-end servers and APIs to interact with the front-end system
- Design and implement the data layer for the system, including data storage, batch processing, data streaming, etc
- Partner with quantitative engineers to conduct data analysis, as well as design and implement ML algorithms to better portfolio creation and management
- Design and implement user flows and front-end features
- Ability to demonstrate examples of experiences tied to our Engineering Values: Trustworthiness, Inclusivity, and Strive for Excellence
What you will bring on Day 1
- 5+ years of software development experience outside of education and internships
- Experience with Python, TypeScript, or Node and some experience with React or Redux frameworks
- Experience with databases (Postgresql, MySQL, or Redis) & data processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop)
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities
These would be great to have, but we’re sure you can learn this on the job here
- Previous industry work experience with streaming frameworks (Kafka, Samza, Flink) is a bonus
- Financial background or previous work with financial data
Our stack: Python, Postgres, Express, TypeScript, Node, React, Redux, and AWS
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.