San Jose based Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded, and fast-paced early stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby is developing a novel diagnostic device platform that aims to redefine the way an infectious disease is tested and treated.
Our Internship program is 8-10 weeks long starting in May 2021 and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 30 hours. We recruit interns for many functions across the company. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly knowledge sessions with Sr. Leadership, and activities with other Visby interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program.
Internship Job Responsibilities:
- Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of business.
- Business-focus projects to research, propose ideas. In addition, as our intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from a collaborative team of seasoned Medical experts and gain exposure to other teams within our Medical Device company.
- Research and Development
- Supply Chain
- People & Culture
- Infrastructure and Facilities
- You will get real-world experience applying your knowledge.
- You will participate in structured research with our teams.
- You will have multiple opportunities to practice your presentation skills.
Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal communication
- Customer focus
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- In 3rd or 4th year of college graduate BS or BA programs