We are looking for a highly motivated and process oriented Planning professional to manage the supply planning process. The role requires you to develop and maintain a 12-month master schedule by SKU. This includes how the organization will transition in and out of programs from an operations and supply chain perspective. You will be asked to perform what-if scenarios to allow the Executive team to determine the best path forward. You will manage the S&OP Supply Review meeting on a monthly cadence. Upon approval of the supply plan, you will pass on the finalized plan to the production planner to ensure execution. You will model various supplier capabilities to identify constraints. You will also be asked to develop weekly supply plans for critical buy parts that adhere to the allocation provided by our sourcing team. We need judicious management of our inventory levels, so you will be asked to support the development and oversee the E&O process. You will be working with various functions throughout the organization, so proven interpersonal skills are a must. To be successful in this role, you should be analytical, methodical in your processes, and remain adaptable to potential shifts in requirements. You will be part of a newly formed Supply Chain team supporting the transformation of our operations. Possessing a continuous improvement mindset will enable you to prosper in this role.
- Create an operational production plan that supports commercial, as well as product developmental needs on monthly basis, or ad hoc.
- Develop thorough understanding of both internal and external (supplier) production capabilities and identify the constraints whether related to specific steps within the manufacturing operations, materials, etc.
- Work closely with R&D, Product, and Engineering functions to understand critical needs and determine how to best incorporate NPI into the plan while causing the least disruption.
- Own the S&OP supply review process which includes coordinating prep meetings with various supply chain partners and collating deliverables into a concise presentation for the broader Supply Chain and Operations teams.
- Create and maintain capacity models for suppliers of critical parts.
- Develop supply plans for critical parts and monitor actual vs plan to ensure to avoid a lines down situation.
- Manage the excess and obsolete inventory review meetings.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years planning experience, or a combination of planning and various supply chain roles
- Proficient in NetSuite is highly desired
- Adept at building models in Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with S&OP process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- APICs certification highly desirable
- Experience in creating PowerPoint presentations