San Jose based Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded, and fast-paced early stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby is developing a novel diagnostic device platform that aims to redefine the way an infectious disease is tested and treated.
We are developing a tenacious team with deep industry expertise of researchers, biologists, designers, and engineers that is back-stopped by world class operations and administrative resources. If you enjoy tackling challenging problems, are passionate about your work product, and want to join a collaborative ownership team that is aiming to leave a lasting positive legacy in the healthcare industry, please consider the following Product Development Scientist II opportunity.
This Product Development Scientist II role is a position in support of product development activities that requires advanced planning skills, laboratory techniques, data analysis and writing skills in addition to independence in executing projects and working with project technical leads.
- Read and understand all assigned QMS documents.
- Follow GLP guidelines in documenting all work.
- Follow work instructions and test protocols and properly document work forms as per Good Laboratory Practices. May create new documents, including test protocols, or update existing ones and submit deviations and DCO's.
- Writes QMS test reports independently.
- Possess a good ability to understand the results of an experiment and can independently make adjustments to experiments as needed. Use the data to plan the next experiment with a high degree of detail and complexity.
- Independently design and execute studies and protocols that include multiple experiments. Map out subprojects ensuring material availability for study-specific items.
- Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Adept at anticipating issues with experiments in the planning stage. Uses experience and knowledge to solve problems. Double-checks the work of less senior team members and helps them to identify, understand, and solve problems.
- Provide technical guidance to less-senior personnel. Sometimes leads teams as business needs dictates.
- Provide data and present information to external partners and contribute to publications and patents. Also participates in, and presents data at seminars (internal or external) and/or scientific conferences. Able to frame technical details and projects as a story.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Participate in laboratory decontamination efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the field of molecular biology. A minimum of 4 years with a Master's or PhD degree.
- Proficient in basic laboratory skills and possess a strong knowledge for working with complex laboratory equipment such as thermocyclers.
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks and/or motions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.